Wisdom Tooth Extraction In Durham, Raleigh, Morrisville NC
Wisdom teeth are technically the third and the last molars on each side of the upper and lower jaw. They usually come out when someone is in their late twenties. A wisdom tooth that appears crooked or misaligned causes a lot of pain and worry. This again results in numerous dental problems. This is the reason why wisdom tooth extraction is necessary.
Wisdom tooth extraction is the surgical process of removing one or more than one wisdom tooth from the jaw. At Brier Creek Smiles Dentistry, our dentists recommend this surgery in order to provide relief to the patients suffering from pain and worry.
Thus, if you are one among those miserable souls suffering from immense tooth pain due to a crooked or misaligned wisdom tooth, then you must not forget to visit our experienced dentists in Raleigh.
Some of the common instances when a wisdom tooth extraction becomes necessary:
- Impaction – As already discussed, impacted wisdom teeth are the third molars. They may often fail to come out properly because of lack of space. These teeth, then get stuck under the gum and cause immense pain in the jaw.
- Crowding – If space is inadequate, wisdom teeth may come out of the gums, but may cause crowding of the rest of the teeth. It is in such a situation; wisdom teeth extraction becomes necessary.
- Damage To The Jaw Bones – If there is any abnormality in the wisdom tooth that is causing damage to the jawbone, there remains no option other than extraction.
At Brier Creek Smiles Dentistry, we know the importance of wisdom tooth removal and why you should opt for it. Our dentists are completely adept at performing the wisdom tooth removal surgery and have been serving patients all over Raleigh, Durham, and Morrisville for quite some time now. All you have to do is, visit our dental office.
Our dentists at Brier Creek, never hesitate to follow a surgical approach if you are suffering from intense pain. We always make the area numb by using local anesthesia so that our patients don’t feel any kind of pain during the course of the treatment.
What To Expect During A Wisdom Teeth Removal Surgery?
At Brier Creek Smiles Dentistry, we are committed to taking care of the comfort level of the patients. This is the reason why we always try to opt for local anesthesia. And depending on the complexity of the wisdom tooth removal procedure, we implement the following–
We administer local anesthesia using one or more injections near the wisdom tooth that is required to be extracted. You will experience some movement, but will never feel any pain at the time of extraction.
In extreme cases, our dentists use general anesthesia. In this process, you will not experience any pain and will have no track what we did with your tooth.
After we gain control of your voluntary movements, we follow the following steps–
- Make a cut in the gum tissue for exposing the tooth and bone.
- Remove the bones that are blocking access to the tooth root.
- Divide the tooth into multiple sections.
- Remove the tooth
- Clean the region from where we extracted the tooth.
- Stitch the wound for healing.
- Place gauze over the extraction site for controlling bleeding.
What To Do After Wisdom Tooth Removal Surgery?
During the healing phase, you should make sure to follow each and every instruction of our dentist. This will help you to enjoy the best results. Here are a few instructions that you must follow-
- You may tend to lose some blood on the day of the surgery. Thus, you should try to avoid frequent spitting.
- You may experience intense pain in your teeth after the extraction. You must use only the prescribed pain relievers if you want to mitigate your pain and sufferings.
- Swelling and bruising is a common side effect. Applying ice packs on the jaw in such a situation is a great idea.
- You must make sure not to brush your teeth within the first 24 hours. You can try rinsing your mouth or washing it with mouthwash.
Why Is Brier Creek Smiles Dentistry The Best Destination For Wisdom Tooth Removal?
If you are a victim of wisdom tooth, then you must indulge in getting it extracted. At Brier Creek Smiles Dentistry, we are a team of expert dentists serving the residents of Durham, Raleigh, and Mooresville for quite some time now. The only goal of our highly-motivated dentists is to treat the patients with utmost care.
Therefore, if you are searching for the best dentist to get your wisdom tooth extracted, then we are definitely the best choice. We have the experience, as well as, the skill to treat all patients in Raleigh, Durham, and Morrisville. There is no way you would feel dissatisfied should you choose to visit us for wisdom tooth extraction.